Theory of Computing: Regular Languages (#regLangMOOC)
|≈ 45 Stunden
Was kannst Du in diesem Kurs lernen?
With the help of this course, we want you to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- You are able to determine regular expressions and finite automata for simple regular languages.
- You understand the concept of non-determinism and employ non-determinism for constructing finite automata if appropriate.
- You are able to perform basic constructions for finite automata.
- You are able to develop new constructions for finite automata.
- You know the limitations of regular languages and can determine intuitively if a language is regular.
- You can prove that a language is not regular.
- Finite-State Automata – Determinism and Nondeterminism
- Finite Automata – Closure Properties
- Regular Expressions
- Finite Automata – Minimization
- Decidable Properties and the Pumping Lemma
Prof. Dr. Andreas Schäfer
Andreas Schäfer received his PhD 2007 from the Carl von Ossietzky University in Oldenburg, Germany.
He then worked at the European Patent Office for 5 years. Since 2012 he is Professor of Computer
Science at the Technische Hochschule Lübeck. His interests include Automata Theory, Logic and Formal Methods.
In this course, you can earn Badges and Training certificate.